Links to online resources about AppleScript.
- AppleScript-Users Mailing List provides help and discussions for scripters developing scripts and solutions in AppleScript.
- Macscripter.net offers tutorials, downloads, online community, and detailed information about AppleScript and Automator.
- Automator World provides news, information, and downloads concerning Automator.
- AUTOMATOR.US provides information, and downloads concerning Automator.
- Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes offers hundreds of free scripts for manipulating and managing iTunes.
- Aperture Scripting provides information, and examples concerning scirpting Apple's Aperture application.
- Macs in Chemistry provides information, and examples concerning science-based uses of AppleScript. (resources)
Tools and Applications
- Late Night Software provides third-party software for editing (Script Debugger) and developing applications (FaceSpan) with AppleScript.
- UI Browser is the ultimate assistant for Apple's AppleScript GUI Scripting and Accessibility technologies. It helps you to explore, manipulate and monitor the User Interface elements of most Mac OS X applications running on your computer.
- Smile is a programming and working environment based on AppleScript. In Smile you edit AppleScripts, and much more.
Training and Services
- AppleScript 1-2-3 is the Apple Training Series book for AppleScript. An online version of the first chapter is viewable here.
- VBA to AppleScript transition guide from Mactech magazine is a 150-page example-full guide (in PDF format) for converting VBA macros to AppleScript in Microsoft Office.
- Scripting Matters provides intensive multiple-day training seminars focusing on all aspects of AppleScript.
- TECsoft provides both online and hands-on training for AppleScript.
- Automated Workflows, LLC provides AppleScript and Automator consulting, development and training.
- Custom Flow Solutions provides workflow automation for publishing.
- Write Track Media creates professional workflow automation and data-management solutions.
- The AppleScript Language Guide (updated for Mac OS X 10.5) is available as an online website, or as a PDF download.
- Release Notes for AppleScript in Mac OS X 10.5
- Release Notes for AppleScript in Mac OS X 10.6
- TN 2106 Scripting Interface Guidelines
- TN 2065 The Do Shell Script Command